The consultation proposals are summarised as follows:
- the introduction of reduced fees for applications to renew planning permission;
- the introduction of a revised methodology for calculating fees for mixed use applications;
- the removal of the fee exemptions for resubmitted applications for Certificates of Lawful Use or Development and consent to display advertisements;
- the correction of an anomaly in the existing fee for two or more dwelling houses;
- zero fee for applications made by non-profit making organisations relating to the provision of community facilities (including sports grounds) and playing fields; and
- the introduction of a revised methodology for calculating fees for minerals, gas and waste applications.