The Orders will:
- create two-way cycle lanes on Alfred Street / Upper Arthur Street, Belfast
- introduce one-way traffic scheme on the remainder of these roads so that traffic may proceed only in a northerly direction
- prohibit vehicles other than cycles from making a left-hand turn from Alfred Street into May Street
- amend the locations of Pay and Display parking places on Alfred Street / Upper Arthur Street, Belfast
- create a permit bay in Alfred Street outside St Malachy’s church
- create 3 new loading bays (1 in Alfred Street and 2 in Upper Arthur Street); remove a loading bay and move the disabled bay in Upper Arthur Street
- introduce no waiting at any time restrictions on lengths of Alfred Street and Upper Arthur Street and a no waiting restriction on a length of Alfred Street on the days Monday to Saturday between 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
Vehicles are excepted from these restrictions in certain circumstances.
Inspect the Order
Full details are contained in the draft Orders which, together with maps showing the roads involved, may be inspected free of charge during office hours within the period below at:TransportNI Eastern Division
Traffic Management Section
4 Hospital Road
Making an objection
Any person may, until 12 October 2015, object to the proposals in writing to the Department at the address above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating the grounds for objection.
Information you provide, including personal information, could be published or disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR). For further details on confidentiality, the FOIA and the EIR please refer to http://www.ico.org.uk