The Order will provide with-flow bus lanes in which only buses, cycles, motor cycles, permitted taxis (as defined below) and certain specified vehicles are permitted.
The bus lanes will operate during the hours 7.30 am to 9.30 am and 3.30 pm to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday inclusive on the following lengths of road.
1. The southern side of the country bound carriageway of Falls Road from:
- 63 metres west of Grosvenor Road to 8 metres east of Thames Street
- 3 metres east of Nansen Street to 14 metres east of Fallswater Drive
- 32 metres east of La Salle Gardens to 42 metres east of Donegall Road
2. The northern side of the city bound carriageway of Falls Road from:
- 32 metres east of Rockdale Street to 10 metres west of Beechmount Drive
- 13 metres west of Islandbawn Drive to 2 metres west of Shiels Street
- 94 metres east of Shiels Street to 7 metres west of Cavendish Square
The Order will also restrict waiting by buses, cycles, motor cycles and permitted taxis using the bus lanes and revoke existing lengths of bus lane on Falls Road, Belfast.
Permitted taxi means a taxi which is either:
(i) licensed to stand or ply for hire on a road or public place and subject to the Bye-Laws made in respect of Motor Hackney Carriages standing or plying for hire made by the Council of the County Borough of Belfast on 4 June 1951 and which meets the specifications prescribed by regulation 41 of the Public Service Vehicles (Condition of Fitness, Equipment and Use) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1995
(ii) licensed to operate carriage services under the road service license provision of Part II of the Transport Act (Northern Ireland) 1967.
Inspect the Order
Full details are contained in the draft Order which together with a map showing the road involved may be inspected free of charge during office hours within the period below at:TransportNI Eastern Division
4 Hospital Road
Making an objection
Objections or other representations may be made to the Department at the address above, until 5 June 2015. All objections or other representations must be in writing and must specify the grounds on which they are made.
Information you give, including personal information, could be published or disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR). For further details on confidentiality, the FOIA and EIR please refer to www.ico.org.uk