Proposed new policies in the Plan include;
• Establish procedures for the approval of SuDS and blue/green infrastructure to permit construction and design in line with current CIRIA Guidance.
• Establish arrangements for the future maintenance of all types of SuDS and blue/green infrastructure.
• Make the consideration of all types of SuDS and blue/green infrastructure the preferred drainage solution in all new development.
- new policy and guidance to encourage public and private landowners to utilise their land for NFM including tree planting, wetlands, flood storage and attenuation.
- new arrangements for a catchment based approach to drainage and wastewater management (in line with the proposed IDIP Guide).
There are a number of other drainage and environmental policy measures being taken forward by Government that will help contribute to the 3 key objectives of the Plan, (PROTECT, ENHANCE and GROW) these are summarised in Table 6.15 of the Plan.