A £267,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Derrylee Road, Maghery is due to commence on Monday 8 March 2021.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 2,325 metres over five stretches on the Derrylee Road, includes resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure from the junction of the B196 Maghery Road to the junction with the B131 Tamnamore Road. The closure will be in place from 8.00am on Monday 8 March 2021 to 6.00pm on Friday 4 April 2021. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings and weekends and local access will be maintained throughout. Diversion routes will be signed using Maghery Road, Clonmakate Road, Birches Road, Derryhubbert Road, the M1 flyover and Tamnamore Road.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 4 April 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021
- Mallon - Bus Drivers Deserve To Be Safe Doing Their Jobs 08 April 2021