A £400,000 resurfacing scheme on Rowreagh Road, Kircubbin will commence on Monday 8 March 2021. The improvement works consist of two stretches, a length of approximately 1,300 metres from the junction of Lisbane Road to Gransha Road and a length of approximately 420 metres running north from the Loughdoo Road junction. The scheme includes resurfacing of the carriageway and drainage improvements.
To complete the scheme safely traffic management measures will be in place between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 8 March until Friday 16 April 2021. Works will be paused over the Easter break.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure for the resurfacing operations (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 22 March to Friday 16 April 2021, with the exception of Easter. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via A20 Rowreagh Road, B173 Rubane Road, B173 Kircubbin Road, A2 Main Road, Cloughey, A2 Portaferry Road, A2 Cloughey Road and A20 Deerpark Road.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings Monday to Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Substantial completion of the work by 16 April 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of work in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquires between 1800 hrs and 0800 hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021
- Mallon - Bus Drivers Deserve To Be Safe Doing Their Jobs 08 April 2021